Working on Work Orders in the admin’s dashboard:
In the Work Order dashboard, admins can view all the Received and Sent Work Orders.
They can generate the excel report of all the available Work Orders. They can create new work orders as well as edit any existing work order. They have the option to apply filters and view filtered Work Orders.
Navigating to Work Orders Dashboard:
To navigate Work Orders dashboard, you need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the “Management” menu item from the left panel.
- Click on “Work Order” sub-menu item.
You can create a new Work Order by clicking on “Create Work Order” button as shown in the below screenshot.
A Work Order creation wizard will be opened as a pop up.
This wizard will lead you to 3 steps for creating a work order which are as follows:
Step 1- Select Location: For searching the work order site in step 1, user can use the filters provided in the left panel. Any location can be filtered on the basis of Client Name, Site Name, Address, Country, State, City and zip code. The filtered location result appears on the right side of it. User needs to select one location from the filtered location(s) to continue to the next step.
Step 2- Work Order Details:
User needs to fill up the below mentioned details which are included in General Notes-
- Equipment ID : Enter the unique tag id or serial number of the equipment that will be used during the job.
- Work Order Name : Provide a short description of the work that needs to be done.
- Comments : User may insert his/her comments related to this work order. These comments will be shown as the trip description by default.
- Client Billing Method : User needs to select the billing method of the client. The User can edit the Billing methods by following the mentioned steps here.
- Priority : User needs to select the priority of the Work Order and it is mandatory. The User can edit Priority types by following the mentioned steps here.
- Due Date : User can select due date for this work order. At what date this work order should be applied.
- Due Time : User can enter due time for this work order. At what time this work order should be applied.
- Call Type : User needs to select Call type.
Example : Regular Call, Problem call, Enquiry Call, Incident Call, etc.
The User can edit Call types by following the mentioned steps here.
- Work Order Type : This is a static field. If the work is being created inside the admin application then its value is set as “Repair” and it cannot be changed.
Problem Type: The user needs to select the problem type which exists on the site. It means for which problem’s resolution the client is asking. Example : Like an AC cooling problem.
Problem Type master entries can also be added and edited from the company settings.
- Checkbox “Add travel time to invoice” : User needs to select this checkbox if travel time of the tradesmen to the site needs to be added to the invoice.
- Internal Notes : Here, user can add internal notes related to this work order. These internal notes are never shared with vendors, tradesmen or client. These are only shared with the company team members. User can add multiple internal notes on a work order by clicking on provided “Add Notes” button.
Trades, Tasks and services:
After selecting the trade it will give an option to choose “Services” related to that trade. You can select more than one service.
Now it will give options to choose “Tasks” under those chosen services.
You can remove the related options by clicking the “Red” cross button on the right.
You can add trades by following the mentioned steps here.
Here you will see two tabs in the name Client and Vendor.
You need to select whether you are creating work order for Client or Vendor.
If you are creating this work order for Client then click on Client tab and provide below information.
- Payment Method: Select payment method for this work order.
- Sales/Tax: Select this check box if client location is tax exempt.
- Attach a Purchase Order: If there is a purchase order related to the work order then user can attach its copy. To check how to create a purchase order please click on this link Creating a Purchase order.
- Attach Proposal: If there is a proposal related to the work order then user can attach its copy. To check how to create a proposal proposal please click on this link Creating a Proposal.
- Not to Exceed: User needs to enter the maximum allowed amount for this work order.
If you are creating this work order for Vendor then click on Vendor tab and provide below information.
- Select Proposals: Select vendor’s proposal related to this work order.
- Attach a Vendor Proposal: Attach a copy of the vendor's proposal.
- Select Purchase Orders: Select vendor’s purchase order related to this work order.
- Attach a Vendor Purchase Order: Attach a copy of the vendor's purchase order.
Step 3- Specify Date
In the last step you need to add team members for that work order, select department and enter the trip details. Multiple trips for a work order can be created by clicking on Add Trip button.
You need to provide below information under each trip.
Description:- Enter description about this trip.
Start Date:- Select a start date for this trip.
End Date:- Select an end date for this trip.
Trip Start Time(Default):- Enter the default trip start time for the tradesmen.
Trip End Time (Default):- Enter the default trip end time for the tradesmen.
Select Vendor:- Select vendor to whom this trip is associated.
Select Tradesmen:- Select tradesmen who will be working on this trip.
Rate Calculation: Select rate calculation type which should be applied on this trip.
The available option for the rate calculation type are:
After entering all the details click on Continue button.